The resources and mining industry experienced an explosion in activity from 2008 driven by demand from China and other emerging nations. The challenges for the insurance industry range from how to properly value multimillion-dollar machinery, to the liability presented by contractual agreements. ICE’s expertise has kept pace by consistently reviewing the market and adapting insurance products to meet the requirements of this changing market across Africa.
- All-risk property provides protection for exposures large or small, above or below ground.
- Mining equipment, as well as newly acquired equipment, is automatically included.
- Machinery breakdown provides protection for processing machinery and equipment that is vital to your operation.
- Business income, contingent business income and extra expense insurance are available for surface and processing facilities.
- Liability insurance provides protection for bodily injury, property damage and personal injury. It includes general liability insurance for mining and processing, as well as newly acquired or formed organizations.
Property and business interruption cover for companies, operators and contractors involved in the mining industry:
- International liability insurance – protects your business from third party claims and can include cover for your key people and business reputation.
- Plant and machinery – provides cover for damage or total loss, which can include malicious attacks, sabotage, war and terrorism.
- Kidnap and Ransom insurance and other specialist high-risk coverage
ICE is ready to provide an array of products, featuring large capacity limits and specialised protection utilizing the best rated mining insurance capacity across the globe. We have capacity and the ability to underwrite:
- Surface and underground operations
- Coal mines
- Base metal mines
- Precious stone mining
- Mining of Semi precious stones
- Non metal Mines
- Precious metal mines
- Mining Processors